Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One Year Ago Today

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today we got the news that Drew was on his way.  It was the day after Father's Day, a Monday morning. Jim was sitting in his chair having his morning devotional/prayer time and I came downstairs with this stick in my hand and held it out and said: "Happy Father's Day???"  We both just kind of stared at it for a while.  I'm so glad that one little moment has evolved into the intense love we have for our little Drew.

It's been a really amazing year - filled with all kinds of anxiety, anticipation, prayers, blessings, and the purest joy I've ever experienced.  We've been surrounded by so many friends who have encouraged and prayed for us.  I feel so much closer to my family and my church community because you have really entered this journey with us and loved our little boy alongside us.  I'm in awe of how my life has changed in just one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment