Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Father's Day


Helping Daddy hold the bottle

Today was Jim's first Father's Day, and we tried to help him celebrate in style.  Drew left him a package all wrapped up in his diaper before they left for church this morning.  The kind of surprise you really don't want to open, but just have to!  Sunday mornings are "Daddy time" since Mommy has to leave for work super early.  I realized recently that I'll never get to dress Drew for church... but I do make sure to leave his outfit laid out for Jim.  You just can't be sure what these daddies will pick out for them to wear... 

 
A Tribute to Daddy's Alma Mater

Jim is a wonderful dad. Better than I could have ever dreamed of when I was growing up dreaming of what my own family would be like someday. He is so in love with little Drew, and the feelings are totally mutual. Sometimes when it's time to go get Drew out of bed for a feeding Jim will look all giddy and ask: "Can I go get him?" We occasionally race each other upstairs to see who will get to smile down at the cutest baby in his crib.

Naptime

Coming home from our first walk around the neighborhood

Drew loves his Daddy.  From the day he was born he would turn his head towards Jim when he talked.  Now if Jim is in the room while I'm feeding Drew I have to ask him not to talk, because Drew will stop eating and turn to look for his Daddy!  When Jim whistles around the house Drew cranes his neck trying to find where Jim is. He knows whistling means Daddy is close by, and he loves to smile and coo for him.

Proud Papa videoing his baby's first moments

3 generations of LaGrone men. Those genes, they are strong!
Not hard to see what Drew will look like when he grows up.  Handsome!

I surprised Jim with this picture of Drew that I had taken with Jim's childhood Dallas Cowboys helmet.
He'll just have to hold it in his lap until he's old enough to wear it.
I predict many a Cowboys game will be watched by my guys together!

All swaddled up on the couch

Daddy time

On Thursdays Drew stays home with Jim while he works from his home computer.  Jim calls it "take your Daddy to work day."  I'm so grateful in these early months Drew has lots of time with his dad to absorb his sweet temperament and personality.  I fully expect Drew's first word to be "iPhone" or "I'm a Mac."

Thanks for being such a great Daddy, Jim!
I look forward to celebrating you for many Father's Days to come!

4 comments:

  1. I wish Drew still came to the SS class with his daddy. I miss him in there.
    I'm so glad Jim feels so comfortable doing the daddy duty and (doodie).
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artfully done. Drew is very fortunate to have such a loving Dad. Here's to you, Jim, and the Father's Days still to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the tribute to Jim for Father's Day....Drew's life in caption! LOVE it! How Creative Jess! He has GREAT memories already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! ...and a great daddy!

    ReplyDelete