Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day Week Adventures

For Mother's Day Weekend, Drew took his first roadtrip to Austin to Granddad's house.
Here's my dad trying to feed Drew a bottle of ketchup.

My college roommate Alaina and her husband were in town from Denver.  They stopped by my dad's house and our boys got to meet for the first time.  Alaina and I have celebrated lots of milestones in our lives together, and it's fun to finally be mommies together.

Here's Alaina with Maximus and me with Drew. Yes, my baby looks like he just stuck his finger in a light socket!
Here we switched babies. Drew wasn't very excited about that. 
 

That weekend we had more family adventures at a Mother's Day brunch with my mom, my grandmother, my and my Aunt Donna and her friend Lynne who were in town from Massachusetts.  I had always wanted to go to Sunday brunch at the Marriott and sit outside by the Waterway.  We had great weather and even though no one else was sitting outside - we got to!  As a Mother's Day gift, Drew slept all the way through brunch. :)

The big news later in the week was Grammy Kay's retirement party after 35 years teaching and librarianing in Texas public schools.  She still has a few weeks left at school, but they celebrated her retirement in style.
 

Her school gave the retirees each a rocking chair to use in retirement - and she put hers to immediate good use:
Drew is going to enjoy being her new boss.  He wore a special shirt just for the occasion.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your photos! IT sounds like you have a GREAT situation with the childcare!!! Nothing like FREE childcare from Grammy and then the days with dad will become PRICELESS as Jim gets to speak into his life more than most dads! We had a similar situation and it made ALL The difference!! We are loving on Drew from afar!!

    ReplyDelete