Friday, April 23, 2010

News from the Nursery

Our sleeping beauty:


Drew started sleeping in his own room in the "big boy crib" (instead of the bassinet in our room) this past week and is doing really well. Although it feels a bit far away for mommy, it's nice that his little squeaks and small cries in his sleep aren't keeping us awake anymore. After his first couple of nights in his own room he slept from 10:45 PM Thursday night to 7:15 AM Friday morning! That's 8 1/2 hours, people! Jim and I began waking up at 5 and going to check on him every 30 minutes or so, we were so worried something was wrong with him. :) Let's hope this wasn't just a fluke and that he begins sleeping this well every night.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but this is also the week I finally finished putting decorations on the walls in the nursery. I have a feeling he's sleeping so well because he's in such a beautiful environment designed just for him. :)

Here are some pictures from the beginning, with Jim transforming and painting his messy office until it became the nursery it is today. I really wish I had taken a true "before" picture of the messy office to give you a real appreciation of the true transformation process. I also wish I had a picture of the 6 different swatches of shades of green Jim painted on the wall for me as I kept going back to Home Depot for more since it wasn't quite right. I have a very patient husband! The tree on the wall is actually a decal, not a mural. It's from dalidecals.com (a website that I love) and can peel off without damaging the paint. Let's hope Drew doesn't discover that.

Here's the journey to finished nursery in pictures:


Jim beginning the painting process. He swears this is the last room in the house he's ever painting. Keep telling yourself that, sweetie!


One green accent wall and 3 neutral walls. Now we're ready for furniture!


The furniture and bedding have arrived!


The elephants are trying out the crib.


Here's the first decal, a bird perched on the wall over the crib to watch over Drew as he sleeps.


There are several birds posted around the room in unexpected places.


Here's the big picture - the tree that arches over the crib. I love it!


And last but not least a close-up. His name hanging from the branches.
Sweet Dreams, Sweet Drew!

4 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful! What a great job you've done with it. I can't believe he slept through the night already. Amazing Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, he is precious and I love his nursery! All the test-painting sounds like what we (aka Kurt) did for Avery's nursery...sweet husbands:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this nursery. The green and brown look great.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete